Thursday, April 27, 2006

Begging bowl

Interesting moment the other day: staying with some relatives, in London, who I'd forgotten to tell about the adventures of Culinary Mike, I sat down to be confronted by a plate of smoked salmon. So I made a decision: the Buddha didn't spurn the food that was placed in his begging bowl, even when the finger of the person offering it dropped into the bowl!

After not eating meat for a few weeks, I have to say I found the salmon not so appetising, which was interesting.

So, back to Paris: tonight was falafels from the amazing Ace of Falafel (L'As du Falafel)... in the Marais. Get the speciale with extra aubergines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember the finger (in the) bowl story (sorry!) it doesn't say that the Buddha actually ate the finger!!!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home